Monday, April 1, 2013

1/4 of the way through 2013!


April 1st! Can you believe it??? Try not to get fooled by someone today! Soooo... for those of you who don't remember I gave myself a list of 30 goals to complete before the year. You can read that blog here if you want. But see below to see how we're doing here!

Honestly, I think April is going to be a pretty pivotal month on completing items on this list, but we shall see at the end of the month!


1. Start a blog (check) AND write a post at least once per month (JanuaryFebruary, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
2. Visit three or more new places
3. Lose at least 15 pounds (I would love to lose 30, but I want to make a realistic goal) (still 9 lbs down since January... I guess I'm a little over halfway there!)
4. Get back in shape or at least become more active by doing some form of exercise frequently - I have gone on a few walks here
5. Be specific about doing something kind for someone at least once per month 
  • January  - I brought my older neighbor's recycling bin out to the curb for her 
  • February - I sent a card/gift card to a family who is going through a rough time and needed some encouragement
  • March - Went with my friend to go hang out with her mom, and brought dessert!
  • April 
  • May 
  • June 
  • July
  • August
  • September 
  • October
  • November 
  • December
6. Try six new recipes (Who saw the blog posts about Chicken Delicious, Turkey Breast & Turkey Tetrazzini?, Creamy Italian Chicken - Thing 5, 4 down, 2 to go!)
7. Make a new friend
8. Watch the sun rise
9. Enjoy a sunset
10. Swim in the ocean
11. Do a charity run or walk
12. Raise money for a charity (Can be combined with number 11)
13. Donate to a new charity - I did actually donate to the organization for Sharon to go help orphans in China
14. Get a facial
15. Take a dancing lesson of some sort (salsa, country line, etc.)
16. Go to more than two Flying Squirrels games
17. Go to at LEAST one Hokie football game
18. Participate in a murder mystery dinner - Murder at the Juice Joint was AWESOME!
19. Try to re-finance my house for lower interest and a conventional loan (so I can get rid of that darn PMI. And obviously this goal is only going to be applicable if the rates stay where they are) -I don't think this is actually going to happen this year, so I'm going to update my goal here soon enough
20. Pay off my car?!?! Or at least come close (Used some of my tax refund to pay down the car, it will definitely be paid off before the end of the year!)
21. Ride my bicycle more than once
22. Read a non-fiction book (I know this might not be a big deal, but I 100% stick to fiction books)I read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand I would SERIOUSLY suggest it!
23. Build something
24. Go through my house and get rid of things/clothes/etc that I haven't used in the last year (This is partially complete. I went through my closets and got rid of 6 paper grocery bags full of clothes & shoes. I still have more things to get rid of but that is definitely a start!)
25. Organize my basement (especially the workroom)
26. Hang the rest of the pictures, art, and shelves that I haven't hung
27. FINISH UNPACKING from when I moved (yup, that's right folks, there are still boxes in my attic)
28. Volunteer for something I helped with Laura's Church (West End Pres) at their annual Stop Hunger Now event and we packaged 80,000 meals for kids in Haiti
29. Spend some serious time in my backyard weeding, killing weeds, and planting pretty things that don't take much effort to keep up
30. Have the BEST 30th Birthday party EVER!!! :) (Especially since Laura is planning it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment