Monday, April 15, 2013

Glee-tastic! Helloooooo 30!


I had an AMAZING birthday party! I mean, seriously, it was SO GREAT. If you know me, you know I love to have people over, I love to hang out, and I love to have any reason to get all my favorite people together for food, drinks and FUN!

So this year I asked my friend Laura to plan a birthday party for me. I figured I was turning 30, so I might as well party it out! Her first question to me was, what do you want the theme to be? Well, I'm not very good with things like this, so I went back and forth, talked through a lot of different themes but nothing stuck out to me. Then my friend Anna suggested GLEE... and I thought - That is PERFECT. I love the show, I love bright colors and fun things, so why not have a Glee themed party? Unfortunately for Laura, she is not actually a fan of the show. But she is a CHAMP! She found all sorts of great ideas, thought of the decorations, thought of food, helped plan some party favors, ordered the cupcakes, set up and invited people to the party AND decorated my house!

Laura AND Erica's handiwork!
Look how pretty that is!
Laura did most of this, but
Kathryn had a hand in it, too!
Erica's Handiwork!


Thank you Sam's Club for making
really yummy cupcakes! (And thank you,
Laura, for cute cupcake toppers)

Yummmmmy food... oh and a little
Sue Sylvester for you, too!


I LOVED every minute of it! I loved the decorations, I loved the theme, I loved the karaoke that was happening in the basement, I loved the friends that came from near and far! Old friends, new friends, and friends of friends came... that's my kind of party!

Thank you so much to everyone who came, and an especially BIG thank you to Laura for planning and executing a wonderful party. Thanks to Meredith and Amanda and Sam who came from far away. Thanks to Kathryn for a lot of setup and help with crafts. Thanks to Lila for help with crafts and lending me a second microphone for karaoke. Thanks to Erica for coming down from DC and helping us on party day with set up and take-down! Thanks to Anna for posting so many fun Glee YouTube videos in the party event! And thanks to everyone else who came and partied with us! You guys are AWESOME! If I missed an individual shout out, please let me know!

One of the other ideas we had for the party, was a photo booth. Let me tell you, photo booths are pretty funny if you don't take all the photos.  See below for just a little taste of the happenings of my Gleetastic 30th birthday party!


It's my birthday!

Erica and me

Laura, Erica, Anna and Kathryn 
Elaine and Sharon
Not the Slushie!
Patrick and Lila
Kathryn and Sarah
Shannon and Elaine (green was in that night)
Laura (party planner extraordinaire)  and me
Laura, me and Kathryn
Raggedy Ann?!?!
Paul and Kathryn
Jane, Terry and me
Shannon, Elizabeth and me
Amanda and Sam
Amanda (Sam in the back) and me
Lee, Christine, me, Amanda and Sam
Lee and Christine
Mike and Kristi
I don't think I've ever seen Meredith look so serious!
What?!?!?! Aubrey, I had no idea!
Amanda, Sam and Meredith! 
Erica, Sara and Laura (All roomies from college)
Kathryn and Aubrey - not sure what's going on here
Kathryn and Aubrey!
Aubrey, Meghan, Brittney, and Courtney 
Aaron and Michael
Anna and me!
Amanda, me and Meredith!
Laura, me and Emily - we fit in the doorway!
Kathryn, Laura, and me!
Erica, me and Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment