Monday, March 11, 2013

Two (or three) for one!

As one of my goals for the year is to make 6 new recipes, I am trying to make meals that I can make again that taste REALLY good. This month, I got a "two-fer"... I made a turkey breast in the crock pot... it was DELICIOUS and there were really only two ingredients: turkey breast and onion soup mix. It was the MOST moist turkey I think I have ever had.

Funny story about this turkey. I had bought a smaller one than the instructions said. So I was trying to figure out how long to cook it. Also, since my friend Anna was coming over on a Friday night, I needed to make sure it was fully cooked (but not OVERcooked) before she got to my house. I found one of the comments on the turkey was that they had a 5lb turkey and cooked on low for 10 hours. That was perfect! So I did that.

I was supposed to have lunch with my old evaluator at work on Friday and he cancelled last minute so I decided to go home, eat, and check on the bird. Good thing I did, too, because sometime between the time I got home and 15 minutes later when I had finished my lunch the little red pop out thing popped out and the bird was done! So I ended up turning it to low and going on my merry way.


Wait you can cook turkey in a crock pot?!?!
Turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli and my fav crescent rolls!


So that turkey fed my friend Anna, who came over for dinner on Friday, me, and I sent leftovers home with her. Then I had turkey again on Saturday night with my friend Kathryn, and sent some home with her too. So now we are at 6 meals with this turkey. Then I had some turkey for dinner Sunday, too! Oh, but wait, we're not done yet! I took the LEFTOVERS and made Turkey Tetrazzini. This is a recipe my mom used to make after thanksgiving with leftover turkey. I have never made it, so therefore, it becomes the "two" in my "two-fer"! So that will be roughly 12 meals out of that turkey! I'd say it was worth the $12 I paid for it!

Turkey Tetrazzini

Oh, but wait, guess what else!!! I am going to make turkey broth with the carcass!!! I just haven't done it yet! :)

2 comments:

  1. It was delish!! Thanks for sharing it with me :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you challenged me to make something new! :)

      Delete