Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Planes, Trains and Automobiles???

www.imdb.com

If you have never seen the movie in the picture above, I strongly suggest that you do that, because it is HILARIOUS!!!

However, that's not really what I'm talking about... I have to say I travel a lot. I mean, I'm not out of town all the time anymore, but for a while I traveled a few times a month with work, or to visit family far away, going on vacation or visiting friends. 

I have been on more planes than you can imagine, probably more planes in one year than my mother has been on in her life. I have been on planes ranging in size from a 777 to a tiny puddle jumper where I talked to the pilot. I used to be a little scared of flying and this is probably because my mother is terrified of flying. However, at one point, during a particularly rough plane flight, I determined that worrying actually would do me NO good. I cannot control the plane, I cannot control what happens, so why even bother backseat driving? From then on I have had no issues flying because I know I can't do anything and I have to trust that the pilot will get me to my destination safely. 

Last weekend I took the train to and from Philadelphia. I have taken trains before and I have honestly taken an overnight train to MA (I don't recommend that because you DEFINITELY cannot sleep). The train ride to Philly was awesome. I really enjoyed the legroom, I had my own seat, I could use my computer the whole way, I could read, relax, knit and it was great. I seriously would take the train again... only issue - it costs almost as much as a plane!

Oh Amtrak - to Richmond I go...
I don't have much to say about automobiles except that I like to drive. I mean I drove a bus in college for two years and I still even have my CDL. But if we are talking about a trip from Richmond to Philly, I think depending on if I was by myself or not I would try for the train/plane by myself and the automobile if I was with people. If we are talking about a trip from here to MA to see my family the order would definitely be Plane then Train and then automobile. I have done all trips and that would definitely be the way I would go!

So, I don't know why I wanted to blog about this, but I think I just enjoyed the relaxation of the train so much, that I wanted to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment