Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm 29, I'm not ancient!

Sometimes I feel so old! I like routine, I go to bed at 10 or 10:30, I wake up at 6:30 on work days and whenever I feel like it on the weekends (usually no later than 8). So, what's wrong with this picture? Well, on New Year's Eve, I went to my friend Kristi's house and we hung out, played games, etc. At about 10:30 I was ready to go to sleep. It's New Year's Eve and I want to go to bed before the ball drops and 2013 begins?!?! This is totally unacceptable!

So, this past Friday, my friend Laura's cousin was in town and they were going to get a bunch of people together to grab some drinks. Great, I was totally on board for this, until Laura said we were going to meet up at 9:30. Ummm, excuse me, this is very hard for me to grasp the fact that I would be leaving my house right around the time that I'm going to start getting ready for bed. Well, I wanted to go, so I persuaded Laura to let me hang out with them beforehand because I figured that the farther away from my sweatpants and bed I was, the easier it would be for me to go ahead and go out! Well, I have to say, I had a blast! We pretty much took over the bar we went to with all the people we knew and it was just fun hanging out chatting, meeting new people, and just enjoying a Friday night! I think I went to bed around 1AM :)

Then... there was Saturday. I thought I was doing pretty well going out the one night, but on Saturday there was this awesome folk/bluegrass band playing at The Camel in Richmond. Another night where we go out at 9, another night where I stay out til midnight or 1, but yet another night where I have a great time with friends, friends of friends, and great music!

Sometimes I need the reminder that I am 29 years old, and I am not ancient or DEAD! I need to start making myself go out a little bit more, or at least stay up a little later sometimes, because honestly, I had a REALLY great time this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. And this is why we are friends, so I can drag you out to night activities!

    ReplyDelete