Monday, January 28, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like... winter!

Ahhhhh I do love snow... yes I moved from Massachusetts to the "south" (Virginia) to avoid the cold weather, yes I have lived in VA for 11 years now, yes I get cold ALL THE TIME, and yes I still like snow storms... A few years ago (I believe 2009), Richmond got a TON of snow, they called it the snowpocalypse and it was awesome! Maybe except for the fact that poor Christine was getting married one of the weekends and her wedding guests were limited because of the weather. I actually think I shoveled about a driveway's worth of a foot of snow to get to her wedding! Despite that, for me, it was beautiful, I got to work from home, I got to go sledding and make snowmen.

The only problem?!?! We haven't had a whole lot of snow SINCE then. I mean, we get an inch or two here and there, but that's nothing. If I'm going to be inconvenienced by snow, I'd rather it be at least 3 or 4 inches. 2 inches is lame and Richmonders just don't know how to deal with it. Accidents, school cancellations, no milk/eggs in the store are all just byproducts of even an inch of snow.

Now, we've already had our first snow of the year, and even our second snow of the year! Snow #1 was Thursday January 17th overnight. It was really pretty and we probably got about an inch of ice and then two inches of snow. I went over to my friend, Laura's, since she lives in the neighborhood, and we hung out and rather than me go out in the cold to go home, I just took over her extra bedroom and went home in the morning. :)


Snow #1 - I was too cold to go all the way outside so the picture
is through Laura's screened in porch


This was Millie's reaction to the snow...

Here was my house after the first snow. It looks so pretty :)


Snow #2 was this past Friday afternoon where it snowed all afternoon and we got about two inches of snow (lame). This time Laura came over to my house to wait out the snowstorm. Laura wanted to play in the snow, so she convinced me to find all my snow clothes. We both bundled up and went into the yard to make snow angels... I am pretty certain it took longer for us to put snow clothes on, than it did for us to play in the snow. Then we had Elizabeth over for a breakfast for dinner feast!

My street - I think it was still snowing...

I looked like a straight up dork in this photo.

Laura's snow angel...

Both snow angels...

My snow angel...


Needless to say... I would really like a snowstorm where we get like 3 or 4 inches of snow and I can just hole up in my house, drink warm beverages, read, watch movies and watch the beautiful snow fall. :)

*You can also check out Laura's version of the story on her blog Life's Next Adventures


2 comments:

  1. I may have also stolen the photos from Life's Next Adventures! At least I put a plug in for your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete