Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And so it begins - again

Crescent Rolls
Scalloped Potatoes

Wine? Yes Please :)
Love Wegman's Whoopie Pies
http://www.wegmans.com


So I bet when you see all these photos of glorious types of food and beverage that I'm definitely going to talk about diets, right? Ha. Well today, I am about to begin my journey to completing #3 on my 2013 goals. I weigh in for the first time and I begin my "diet" or really just get back on the wagon of eating healthier. The way I change my eating habits is by using an old version of Weight Watchers to count points. I'm going to put a plug in for WW, because I have before lost 50+ lbs. and I'm up a little since then, but I know it works and I know I can maintain for a while before having to lose again. So what's the best part about WW? I can eat every food you see above, in fact I can eat WHATEVER I want! One of the main keys to losing weight and maintaining it is portion control. Do I want to eat the whole Whoopie Pie? Of course, but I don't NEED the whole whoopie pie and usually I'm not even hungry for the whole whoopie pie, I just want a little something sweet. The more you control your portions, the less hungry your body is, and the more you can listen to it and what it wants.

Don't get me wrong, losing weight is not easy, has never been easy, and never will be easy, but I am choosing to change my habits and, as long as I am committed to doing that, I will succeed. I know that it's almost as much of a mind game as it is a diet and when you put your mind to most anything, you can do it, and that has been proved to me time and time again.

Just remember that you can't just say you want to lose weight and then never take action on it. Last year Laura, Kristi and I were going on a cruise. So eight weeks before the cruise departure I started the points plan. I lost ten pounds before the cruise and proceeded to gain six back when I was on the boat. Clearly I was only sort of committed to losing weight, and not so much to keeping it off. Whoops! I have yo-yo'd ever since then. Needless to say, it is time and so it begins - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment