Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Trip to the Home of Rice-a-Roni and 2014 World Series Champs

A few weeks ago I traveled to San Francisco for the annual Salesforce DreamForce conference. We flew in on Monday and flew back to Richmond on Thursday, so it was a pretty quick trip, but packed full of stuff! We flew through Chicago on our way to San Francisco, so I took the opportunity to purchase some Chicago Style Popcorn, because hey, I was in Chicago!

Really this was for Laura... it's a weird combination
of cheese and caramel
I started off Monday by having dinner with my cousin and her family in Oakland! I wish I had photos of her cute kids, but I didn't get any. Don't worry, they'll have some twirly/spinny dresses coming their way soon enough!

Old Bay Bridge right there... just kind of ends
Have you ever seen the movie The Internship? The first time I saw it, I was really expecting a hilariously funny movie and I don't feel like I got it. Subsequent times of watching it, it was HILARIOUS! :) Anyway, you should totally watch that movie. The reason I bring it up, though, is because Google, which is what the movie is about, is kind of a high tech crazy place to work. I felt like I was IN the internship during this conference. See below...

I wonder how much it costs to get an entire city block blocked off for a week...
Just some bean bag chairs to relax in while eating breakfast
These remind me of the Internship sleep pods

I saw the former First Lady and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton do a keynote speech. It's cool to see someone famous talk, especially when it involves how to get underprivileged kids to learn more words by reading!




On Wednesday of that week we went to the conference and then my boss and a couple coworkers went to watch the playoff series of the San Francisco Giants vs. the St. Louis Cardinals. I, however, didn't really want to spend my money on that, so I took a shuttle down to Fisherman's Wharf, took a Bay Cruise, bought some Sourdough bread, and finished my night up at a bar eating a delicious dinner while watching the game on TV. It was a perfect end to my fun trip to San Francisco!


Alcatraz 
If you look closely you can see the Golden Gate Bridge
San Francisco skyline
It was a BEAUTIFUL evening!

Selfie!


Here's the boat I took!
Only the best Sourdough bread!
Wine and the game! :)



1 comment:

  1. And by weird combination, you obviously mean the best popcorn! :)

    ReplyDelete