Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Aubrey's Wedding - and the Fun Weekend in the Mountains!

On Columbus Day weekend, our friend Aubrey was set to tie the knot in Harrisonburg, VA. Laura, Kathryn and I made a whole weekend out of it. We rented a little cottage near Staunton and planned our weekend adventure which was highlighted by the wedding!

On the way to Harrisonburg we hit up Bold Rock Cider in Nellysford, VA (or near there anyway). The experience did NOT disappoint! We headed home with two cases of Cider :).
Bold Rock Cidery! It was fun and the cider is really good!
On Saturday morning we drove north to Luray Caverns. I didn't think I had been there before, but after talking with my mother, apparently I had. Haha. Well I should remember it this time!

Kathryn and me at the LOVE sign!
Laura and me at the LOVE sign!
Kathryn and Laura at the LOVE sign!
Laura, me, Kathryn




The four of us that went to Luray - Amanda, Laura, me, and Kathryn :)
Drove through Staunton and had dinner there on Friday night!

Then Saturday afternoon we got ready and journeyed to watch our friend get hitched!
Courtney, me, Kathryn and Laura

It was really cold and Aubrey had blankets we could share, so that was nice!
Photo booth!
Aubrey and Graham

Laura enjoying her hot cider

Beautiful bride!
Me, Courtney, Scott Scott, and Kathryn with our sparklers

After the wedding we went back to the cottage for our last night. On the way back to Richmond we stopped at Carter's Mountain to go apple picking!

We hit up our favorite little lunch spot and ventured to Grayhaven winery on the way back.


Horses... leave it to Laura to find random animals :)
What a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment