Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Iceland Day 3 - Family Vacation 2014

Alright, here's the second Iceland post. You can read the family vacation summary here or the first Iceland post here.

On the third day of our vacation we did a little driving tour of Iceland. We started off by taking a scenic trip around a lake of some sort.

Stopped at the lake and decided to throw some rocks

We actually stopped because Charlie wanted to measure the sheep... too
bad he couldn't catch them to do that!
More rock throwing
It was really pretty

We then made our second stop at Þingvellirwhich is where the continental divide is located... between North America and Europe! We did a little hiking, lost mom and Lea for a while, and ended up having lunch near the waterfall.



You're looking at Europe, we were standing on North America


This is when Mom and Lea decided to walk to the waterfall
We walked there later (What you can't see in this photo is the mark on my
forehead from taking my camera off, I caught it on my forehead... oops!)

The theme of the trip was photobombing... because really Charlie wouldn't smile in a
photo unless he though he was photobombing


After leaving Þingvellir, we drove to Geysir, which is where the first geyser was named/discovered. Charlie and Scott both got a gift from the shop. Charlie got a "dude" and Scotty got a T-shirt. Then we walked over to see the geyser.





This is the bigger Gey-sir. :)

Hopefully the video works. We had to wait there for 10 minutes for it, but it was really cool!





Scotty, mom and me waiting for Gey-sir

When we left Gey-sir, we drove up to Gulfoss to see the beautiful waterfall. Check out the fun photos, rainbow included!

Dad and Mom
Scotty and Dad


The ladies of the trip
Cute couple!
Photo bomb!
Me, Scotty and Charlie
It was a very nice day to finish off our trip to Iceland. You know when I think of Iceland I think it's supposed to be green compared to Greenland which is supposed to be ice. And while it is kind of green, it wasn't anything compared to the next portion of the trip in Switzerland. It was more of a brownish green and all the plant life was very close to the ground. I think you should take a trip to Iceland if you have the chance. As for me, I think I've checked it off my list :)


No comments:

Post a Comment