Monday, April 7, 2014

Goal Achieved! :)

At the beginning of the year I proposed my "New Year's Goals", because I don't like to make resolutions. You can read about those here. I finished my first book of the year at the end of January, Catcher in the Rye. At the beginning of March I had gone through two books. The last book post was here. The rest of the month of March and the early part of April held a lot of reading for me. So much, that I finished my goal of reading 6 books for 2014, annnnnd totally just realized I've now read 7 (oops, this is what happens when you forget to post)! So here goes a little blurb on each of the five books I apparently read from mid-March to today!

So many people recommended "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" book to me that I really had to go for it and read it! So, I did, and I wasn't disappointed. It was really really good. It took me a little while to get into the letter style book, but it was great! I wished there was more!



Gillian Flynn's, "Gone Girl", was more of a test book for me. I have two friends who read the book and had slightly different reactions to it. Going into the book knowing that I wasn't going to like the ending was actually helpful, because then when it happened I was still irritated but not completely out of left field. It was written well and a good page turner, but I wouldn't give it five stars.

"The Night Circus" was a pretty cool book. A little strange, but I liked it. Another page turner. Not really sure how to describe it.


Ahhhh... another Gillian Flynn book. At least "Dark Places" kind of ended up a little bit better off than the other one I read. I liked this one. It's your typical thriller. The language is a little rough, but definitely not worse than "Catcher in the Rye".


Finally, I just finished reading "Divergent" tonight. Now I can go see the movie. I feel like this book is a "Hunger Games" meets 1984 meets Harry Potter. It was good, though. I enjoyed the read!

So tell me, have you read any good books lately?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment