Monday, January 27, 2014

First book finished...

The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger


I mean, I read this book in high school, and remembered liking it, so when I saw it on sale for a few bucks, I picked up a copy (the book cover doesn't look like this one, but this is what I remembered from high school). It's definitely an interesting book and reading it again shed some new light on it, I think, because honestly I don't really remember what I learned the first time. The biggest takeaway this time was that at the beginning I assumed he was in some sort of mental institution, based on how he was describing things, and that was pretty much confirmed at the end. But this was essentially the story of how he pretty much had a mental breakdown. Poor Holden Caulfield! Anyway, I'm glad I read it again, it's strange feeling like you're in someone's head!

No comments:

Post a Comment