Sunday, September 15, 2013

Let's Get Married!!!

Last Saturday was a day full of parties! The first party of the day was Lila's wedding shower. Lila's bridesmaids and matron of honor (Jess) threw a great brunch shower. As I looked around at the cute touches (and I didn't take nearly enough photos), I thought that she and Laura could go into party planning together! Laura went down to Norfolk to take care of her cute nephews (Corbin and the new baby twins!) so she wasn't able to make the shower, but she would have liked it!

Cute added touch! :)
One reason why Laura and Jess would do party planning together!
Check out the cute giveaways and banner!
Game: Who said it! We had to determine which one of them (or both)
said/answered the question by raising our Lila or Patrick popsicle sticks
Second "party", was really just Kathryn and me watching the Hokie football game as I rigged my computer to display on my TV and hooked up my 10 year old speakers to do it!
I didn't take this photo quick enough so that Millie
smiled, but oh well!
After the game, Kathryn and I went to the grocery store to get the makings for a "gluten free" dessert that I was supposed to bring to the final party of the day! I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies which only had three ingredients, plus chocolate chips. While I was extremely skeptical about these cookies, because there was no flour or anything, they actually turned out REALLY well! So finally I completed my "recipe" goal for the year with this one!

This was the first batch... after this I learned that the racks needed to be closer to the top,
because these guys cooked on the bottom but not on the top
Still using those glee plates from my birthday party, but these
are the cookies I brought
I put a couple in a baggie, for another person I know who has a gluten allergy.
These ones actually turned out better than the ones on the tray above

So the final party I went to was for my cousin because SHE GOT ENGAGED! A few weeks before I had received an email from her boyfriend, that went out to several friends and family members, inviting me to share in the special day by being at his apartment to celebrate when they got back from the proposal. So, my aunt, uncle and cousin picked me up, and we went over to the apartment to not so patiently await for the arrival of Kelly and Sam! There were a ton of people there and I'm just so excited to welcome Sam to our crazy family! 

Kelly and Sam telling the proposal story
Again with the proposal story
My phone does weird things with the flash
A cute sign that was at the party

So what a fun day celebrating with those who are JUST about to get married and those who JUST got engaged! Congrats to all!










No comments:

Post a Comment