Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's my M.O.

First of all, before I get into writing this post, I wanted to explain that I know what M.O. means (sort of), but didn't really KNOW what it stood for, so for those of you out there who are like me, it actually means: Modus operandi (plural modi operandi) is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation".[1] The term is used to describe someone's habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations. In English, it is often shortened to M.O. - This came from Wikipedia.

So, without further ado, I'm sure you're wondering about WHICH one of my habits I am about to explain. Wellp, it's the one where I hold onto things "just in case" I need them some other time. I wouldn't say I'm a hoarder by any means, but I have DEFINITELY moved things more than twice that I have not used in years, buuut what if I ever needed them? I am clearly not a minimalist, but you know what? I'm ok with it. If I did become a hoarder, this little habit could become a problem, but right now I have lots of room and seemingly plenty of things I "might" need one day.

In the past week, I have successfully needed TWO things I have held onto for years.

Thing number 1: Hole puncher

Yeah, so I haven't used a hole puncher, probably since college. I hated to throw it away or even donate because it was a nice hole puncher, and I probably paid a decent amount for it (however many years ago). So last weekend, when we were at my aunt's house, we were helping my cousin with her kindergarten teaching activities and she was hole punching something with one of those "I only punch one paper at a time" hole punchers. I went home, found this guy (see below) and dropped it off for my cousin to HAVE for her teaching career (or until it breaks). This is totally a win-win for me, because I got to give it to someone who needed it, and I GOT IT OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!

Thing 1: Hole Puncher

Thing numbers 2 and 3: Cord to plug my computer into my TV and computer speakers

A couple years ago, I got myself a MacBook Pro computer. I used to have a Dell, so I switched from the PC to the Mac. (I love my Mac). However, when I did that, I lost the ability to use this computer cord that attached my PC to my TV,  because you never know, just in case VT football was ONLY on ESPN3 which is only online. Did I get rid of the cord? Nope... lucky for me I have two work PC computers that connect to this cord and this past weekend, when VT was only shown on ESPN3, I was able to rig up my computer to my TV and show the game. There's another cord that actually connects the speakers to the TV, but I didn't have time to look for it, so instead I broke out the 12 year old computer speakers and plugged them in, so that we could hear the game. Ideal? Nope! But I DID get to see VT kill Western Carolina this week.

The things we do to watch the Hokies play!

What kinds of things do you hold onto that you don't need?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, if you had just asked me I would have told you what M.O. meant! Who took 3 years of Latin and has two thumbs? This girl!

    ReplyDelete