Monday, June 10, 2013

Why, oh why, do the weekends go by so fast?!?!

Is it Monday already?!?! I just need another day! This weekend was pretty busy for me. Friday night was pretty chill as I hung out with Laura and Bonnie. It was relaxing!

Theeeeennnnn Saturday happened! I had brunch with the Richmond Bible Study ladies at Toast... YUM!
This is called The Chicken and the Egg (DELICIOUS)
While we were at brunch and it was pouring rain out, I decided that I would go home and weed my front yard (well the beds where the bushes are anyway). I heard a rumor that its easier to pull the weeds up when the ground is wet, which is probably true. Four hours later, I had pretty much no weeds, seven 30 gallon bags of trash and was a verrrry dirty girl, so I took a shower before Amanda and Sam came over to hang out.
I didn't think about doing a before picture on both sides, but this
is the before photo on the left side
After weeding... oh hey there is actually a bed there!

This was only halfway through but it made me laugh!
Then I put on a dress and headed out to the engagement party for Lila and Patrick!



Sunday I woke up and my uncle came over at 10:30 with his truck so we could go get some mulch at Lowe's. After getting the mulch, he went to work on my backyard while I mulched that whole area that I weeded on Saturday.

Looks so fancy with mulch in it!

Then I got started on another area of weeds in the backyard.

This was alllllll weeds... and it's only a small area but it was progress!
Here is what my uncle worked on! If you have ever seen this
area of my yard, it was ALSO all weeds! He's so great!

Four hours later, seven 42 gallon bags of trash, lots of tree parts in my backyard, and another VERY dirty girl, I took a shower to get ready to head out to Dr. Browning's retirement celebration. It was really a beautiful service and I will definitely miss him!

1 comment: