Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Elaine!


One of my favorite pastimes, when I can get away with it, is successfully executing a surprise party for someone who claims they cannot be surprised... so how many times is that in the past ten years??? Three... we have successfully had THREE surprise parties for Elaine for various reasons, but this one in particular was a special one! Sheeee is turning 30 today! So, happy birthday to Elaine. 

The story of the surprise party actually goes back to Memorial Day. I asked Elaine what she was going to do for her birthday. I mean, you can't bring in your thirties alone, that's no fun! So she was hemming and hawing about what to do, and we stopped talking about it... or at least she did! Lisa, our YPG awesome lady, overheard and was like, he we should throw her a surprise party. Laura, Kristi and I were all in agreement and decided it had to be in the middle of the week because a lot of people were going to be out of town on her birthday. So there the planning began...  After that, Laura and Lisa pretty much took it from there. LAURA YOU SHOULD BE A PARTY PLANNER!!! As if you haven't heard that before, but everyone, seriously, look at all the intricate decorations and details! Oh and we did Breakfast at Tiffany's theme since Elaine loves her some Tiffany's! 

Food table


Yup, Laura made that sign!


Homemade food tents!
Make your own Mimosas, drink some punch or water! 
Kristi and Laura waiting for the birthday girl to arrive!

And here is the video we've all been waiting for... how DOES Elaine act when she's surprised?!?! :) Well just take a look here and you'll find out!



Kristi, me and Laura
Lorin, Kristi and me!
Laura and the birthday girl with her birthday cup!
Lorin, Elaine, me and Kristi
Anna and me
Elaine with her sign

Sooo... that was Wednesday... and you can read a different story about the party on Laura's Blog

So then this weekend Elaine had our friend Amy, from college, down so that she could have some birthday fun! Somehow there were free tickets to Colonial Downs for the horse races and Elaine decided she wanted to do that on Saturday. So we grabbed 4 tickets, got dolled up, and showed up with our hats to see a few races.

Remember when we used to live together?!?! :)
Elaine, Lila and me with our hats!
Lila and me getting ready for the race with
our hats
Amy wanted to know if she was REALLY wearing that hat!
Ladies and hats!
After this we stopped by Shyndigz for some cake to celebrate and then went to Red Robin for dinner. What a fun day!!! :)

Soo... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elaine! Hope it was wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I can see the video on my computer and love it--it makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete