Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cooking for the neighbors!

So, my friend (and neighbor) Amanda had a precious baby girl almost a month ago! As part of a way to serve her and her husband and also to hang out and meet little Mary Virginia, one of her church friends set up a website to bring the family dinners. Anyway, I signed up to bring her, her husband and their son David a meal and last night was my night. So I decided to embark on a meal I had not made before, but was VERY familiar to me - Chicken Parmesan is my FAVORITE!!!

I found a recipe online here which looked pretty easy, so I bought all the ingredients and got ready to make this meal. Tenderize the chicken, dip in egg mixture, dip in breadcrumbs, fry in oil, add cheese and sauce, bake...

I understand you can't really see the chicken, but it's there, I promise!
Also, I forgot to take a picture of the whole finished product last night because I was running behind on time. So instead, you get to see a picture of my leftovers. Annnnd, a treat to me, Amanda's mom was in town, so I got to hang out with her too, even if she couldn't eat the food I brought!

Don't forget the wine!

I also brought salad, garlic bread, and pudding pie for dessert. I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken parmesan and would totally make it again!

Now, for the star of the show who actually slept the ENTIRE time I was there except for these photos when she was crying because she was hungry.

Mary Virginia

Being swaddled by Mommy!

2 comments:

  1. haha, that picture of MV is hilarious. you definitely caught MV in her element.
    the dinner was delicious! a new recipe SUCCESS!

    ReplyDelete