Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another fun-filled weekend of travel!

Last week I heard through the grapevine that my old coworker was going to be in Richmond for the week from Dallas. We tried to get together but O&M had her schedule pretty tied up the whole time she was there. So, instead, I decided that since I would be at the airport anyway on Friday that we could meet for breakfast or lunch. So we did! It was great to see Kelli before I left town for the family wedding fun!

Kelli and me
Then I headed through security to wait for my flight to board. Off to Massachusetts I went! Friday afternoon my brother Rich, his wife Lea and my nephew Charlie arrived at Boston Logan airport shortly after I did. No worries I still had time to take this photo in the airport...

This is a life sized cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee
So I picked up some coffee for myself and Rich and some water for Charlie and diet Coke for Lea and we were on our way to the hotel and/or the rehearsal.
Fanciest welcome basket I ever got!

Fountain outside rehearsal dinner

Charlie and Kaitlin just having some pizza

Saturday we all got up, went down for some breakfast, and then had a little fun at the pool before getting ready for the wedding.

Picture this... 95 degrees, wedding mass, no air conditioning... it definitely makes for a HOT bunch of people, that's for sure! However, you can't control the weather, and I certainly would never have thought that it would be 95 degrees in Massachusetts on the first weekend of June, so we just kind of suffered through it. 
Handsome Scotty, Elena and me

Cute

Best Ring Master EVER!

My handsome nephews!

We can NEVER get everyone to look at the same camera

Johnson family!

Scotty and me!

He's so grown up!
So, then we had a little time to kill between the wedding and the reception, so we found an ice cream shop to go to... yummy! Poor Charlie wasn't feeling well... he had a little puke session on his tux and ended up like this... poor little guy, he didn't even make it to the reception



Then the rest of us headed off to the reception (which also had A/C problems) and partied!
Steph and Tom

Kelly, me and Ivana

I'm fairly certain she took this photo



Mom and Dad dancing (Side note, at nearly 42 years they were
3rd place in the who's been married the longest competition!)

Jane and Terry dancing

Four of the five - Anne, Jane, Richard and Mom

Hmmm... Terry and Kaitlin

Kaitlin and me

Dancing


Jane and Kaitlin
Kelly, Uncle Richard, and Kaitlin

Jane and Terry
Somehow I never ended up with a photo of the bride and groom! Whoops! So the next day we woke up, (I wasn't feeling so hot from my beverage choices the night before... whoops!) went to Richard and Rita's and then headed back to the airport for our flights. Rich and Lea's gate was right next to mine so we got to hang out until I boarded my flight!
Charlie got a donut!


No comments:

Post a Comment