Friday, October 11, 2013

User Error

I am a good driver.

Weeeelll... I'm starting to disbelieve that statement. Maybe it's more like... I WAS a good driver. This week was a purely user error week with CJ and the car.

Apparently drainage ditches and my car and me just don't get along. Tuesday, as I was turning down a street in downtown Richmond, I hit a curb and the noise was loud enough that people halfway down the block looked back at my car like... "what the heck was that". By the time I arrived at my destination, 6 blocks away, my tire was completely flat. My good work colleagues changed it for me and I went on my way home.

Wednesday I went into the car place and ended up replacing all four tires because it was starting to get close to them being done. No worries, I also got myself a donut for breakfast.

Then Thursday, exactly one day and roughly 35 miles on my new tire, I was in my friend's neighborhood. I did a three point turn and apparently hit another drainage thing that made another loud noise. I drove a little and heard a weird noise. I couldn't believe that when I got out of the car one of my BRAND NEW tires was flat. I mean... come on! So since I was still close to Laura's, I called her up, called AAA and she came to get me so I didn't have to sit in the rain by myself. Poor thing had to deal with me as I was soooo mad at myself and the tire! Thanks Laura!

So today your post is coming from sears auto as i patiently wait for them to put another tire on my car. Soooo I'm going to try and stay away from drainage curbs for a while... and the moral of the story is to always buy the roadside protection on tires because you never know when you will have a user error moment!
#epicfail #thankslaura #gobacktodrivingschoolcj

No comments:

Post a Comment