Monday, August 19, 2013

Goodbye Vancouver, Hello Seattle, Happy Birthday Charlie


Thursday was Charlie's FIFTH birthday! On Wednesday night, when we g, but I miss  back to Vancouver, we hit up a restaurant on the water for "Charlie's Early Birthday".

Dinner on the water
Charlie's Early Birthday Dinner!

Thursday we got up, went back into the city on the sky rail, and hung out for the morning. We had lunch at the CUTEST little place where the owner took mom and me on a tour of the restaurant before we came back with the rest of the crowd.





Fountain in Vancouver
Then mom and I walked over to Chinatown to grab some steamed buns before we headed back to Seattle. Then we stopped off at this cute little shellfish store to get some oysters for the family to consume for dinner!
Chinatown!


Scotty and Charlie playing while Gram got some oysters
Charlie, Scotty, Chicken, Little Guy and the seal all buckled in!

Friday we got up, did some errands, went to the park and then mom, Scotty, Rich, Mary Ellen, Don, and I went kayaking on Lake Union. How beautiful!!!

Restaurant we went to in Seattle we drank out of mason jars,
made me think of Laura who LOVES mason jars :)
Seattle skyline


Can you see Mt. Rainier?
Then it was FINALLY time for Charlie's birthday party! Can someone tell me the tallest building in the world?!?!?

Burj Khalifa - Charlie knows this... Auntie DEFINITELY did not. On Thursday night he was able to open ONE gift, which was a Lego Burj Khalifa.

What's the FIFTH tallest building in the world?!?! 

TaiPei 101 - please see pictures below of Charlie's cake
Charlie's Birthday Cake! AKA TaiPei 101
Sparklers on TaiPei 101



Rich, Grand Sheila, Charlie and neighbor girl
Fun trip, great family time, and I was EXHAUSTED when I got back to VA but I miss my little nephews!


No comments:

Post a Comment