Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sandbridge 2013

So every year, for the past 19 years or so, my extended family takes a nice little week long vacation to the beach, Sandbridge beach in Virginia Beach. I haven't gone to the beach every year for 19 years, but I have been probably about eight to ten of those years for a day, a couple days, or the whole week. This is my mom's family, and she is the oldest of five (four of the five are pictured below). Usually my mom's youngest two sisters (Jane and Anne) and their families go to the beach. Every couple years my parents would come, and eventually in the past few years my aunt Lee has come and my Uncle Richard and his family. This year everyone came except Anne's family, hopefully they will be back next year!

The week started a little rough. There was rain on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We did get portions of sun on each day, but definitely spent a lot of time inside. After that, we had pretty decent weather. All-in-all a pretty relaxing vacation and I got to read 3.5 books, so that was exciting! See below for the photos!

Rain, rain go away!
Thanks! :)
Running, running, running!
Stephen ready for fireworks
This is the only decent firework photo I have!
I would not want to play this game with EITHER of these two!
Look at that silly grin on uncle Richard's face!
Hey girl!
Kelly and me!
Beautiful beach weather!
Charlie playing in the water!
Scotty playing in the water!
Kaitlin, Charlie and Terry!

Charlie's Mohawk
Mom brought homemade chowdah!

Scott and Charlie got some snow cones :)


Wednesday night is BINGO!
Charlie and me!
Richard, Rita and Stephen
Stephen and Brenna... hmmmm where'd Brenna go?
The cousins! Me, Scotty, Kelly, Charlie, Kaitlin and Stephen
Four of five siblings - mom, Jane, Richard and Lee
Johnsons!
Golf guys... all of these photos are goofy so I couldn't pick just one!


Charlie!

1 comment: