Thursday, March 7, 2013

Murder at the Juice Joint...

What do you get when you have: 20 people, 1920's outfits, mob conversations, vengeance, and booze?!?! That's right, murder at the Juice Joint, a 1920's speakeasy where an unfortunate murder occurred.

Several months ago, my friend Laura saw a groupon for a "murder mystery" party kit, so she asked me if I would be on board for helping to host. Of course, I wanted in on this adventure. So she ordered the groupon and eventually with much conversation, we chose one of the themes for the party. 1920's!

Last Saturday, we finally hosted our party and got 20 different people to come in character, dressed to impress, and join us for a dinner filled with fun, chatting, murder, and investigation. This was one of THE best parties I think I've ever been a part of hosting! Laura got all the intricate details in line, with all the cute decorations, etc. I just helped put them on the wall, setting up, buying food, and providing the camera for the evening.

I think we will DEFINITELY be doing another one of these dinners! Everyone had a great time! Thanks Laura for finding the idea! (see below for some photos of the event which are organized in an extremely ODD fashion).

  




 







2 comments: