Sunday, March 17, 2013

Decade One - 1980's


So... as you have seen from other posts, 30 has been a big focus for me, for whatever reason... But on April 15, I will be entering a NEW decade... so I thought it fitting to do a few "Decades in Review"... so Here is my 1980's decade in review. Just for fun I added some fun facts about the year I was born - 1983. And then you can see the photos, too. I don't remember much from the 80's, but you know, I was a kid so I, of course, just played with my siblings and enjoyed life!

Ahhh... 1983... See below for just a little list of important events from 1983:
           
  1. Vanessa Williams becomes first African-American Miss America
  2. The final episode of M.A.S.H. aired with more than 125 million viewers tuned in to watch.
  3. The first Hooter's opened in Clearwater, Florida by six fun-loving businessmen with no experience in the restaurant industry. Their company Hooters Inc. was based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The casual beach-theme establishments feature "50s & '60s jukebox music, sports on television, and a menu that includes seafood, sandwiches, salads and spicy chicken wings. Hooters is mainly famous for their waitresses who wear orange shorts and T-shirts with the Hooters Logo.
  4. Challenger makes its first flight (STS-6)
  5.  Challenger makes its second flight (STS-7). It is the first five member crew with Crippen, Hauck, Fabian, Thagard, and Ride. Sally K. Ride is the first woman in space.
  6. Reagan signs a bipartisan compromise bill that is supposed to save Social Security (HAHAHAHA That makes me laugh)
  7. President Reagan signs legislation that makes the third Monday in January a national holiday  commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday. This is the only federal holiday commemorating an African-American.

1983 - Baby CJ

1984 CJ - Didn't have hair until I was like 2

1985 - Awww here I am turning 2
1986

1987 - Just riding on my little tricycle

1988 - For my 5th Birthday we went to DISNEY WORLD!!! :)

1989 - The end of the 80's and 6 years into my first decade of life



No comments:

Post a Comment