Saturday, February 23, 2013

Last Year...

Remember how I talked about The Lion King at the end of the Mary Poppins post? Well let's just remember what I did EXACTLY a year ago from today. Yup, that's right on February 23, 2012 Laura, Shannon, Lauren, Candace and I all went to see The Lion King at the Landmark. It was phenomenal and we had GREAT seats!

Promptly after it ended, Laura and I headed south for one of the craziest and fun road trips I have ever been on... Mind you, the road trip was planned last minute, because my parents were in Florida for a month and they wanted me to come visit. Well, the plane tickets were so expensive, so I thought maybe I'll drive... but it would be NO fun driving alone, so I found a buddy. I'm so glad Laura is on board with crazy ideas like that!

So, after the show, we stopped by the 7-11 on our way out of town to get some caffeine, because we had an all nighter planned. So we drove through Virginia, drove through North Carolina, drove through South Carolina and eventually I got tired, so we got off the highway somewhere in Georgia, found a hotel parking lot, parked... and took a little nap in the car!

We got up, got a little Chick-Fil-A breakfast and continued on our way. Our friend Mary lived in Jacksonville so we decided to take a little detour to visit her!

Laura, Mary and I at Mary's place
Please excuse the fact that we look like we've been driving for 10 hrs...
Then we finally got back on the road and drove the last leg to our final destination!!!

Vero Beach, Florida
We went to the beach, had great ice cream, and of COURSE took a trip to Disney World. I mean my 10 year old nephew was there, too, so who WOULDN'T want to go to Disney World!!

Oh look, it's Auntie, Scotty, and everybody else!


Who is excited about Disney?!?!

Who ELSE is excited about Disney!?!?

THERE IT IS!

Magic Kingdom, here we come!

Who doesn't like Pirate Mouse ears?!



Driving home


No comments:

Post a Comment