Sunday, February 1, 2015

Switzerland Day 1 - Family Vacation 2014

Superbowl Sunday night and I'd rather catch up on TV that I haven't watched than watch the Superbowl. So... as I do that, I am also blogging to catch up on that, because it has been over a month since I last blogged AND over TWO months since I blogged about our family vacation from 2014. I never finished my Switzerland posts. I'm going to try and make them less wordy with more pictures and maybe not one for each day. 

Soo... the travel day... it kind of stunk. I had a cold and didn't sleep the night before. We had a 7AM flight out of Iceland and the airport was 1.5 hours away from the place we were staying. So when we left the house at 4AM, I was not doing so hot. After making it through the chaos that was the Reykjavik airport, we made our flight and arrived in Zurich sometime in the afternoon. Then we had to take a train to Lauterbrunnen from Zurich. We ended up getting to Lauterbrunnen around 6PM. No photos from that day, really, because I was wiped out. 
The only photo of the day - Dad taking the luggage cart down the
escalator in the Zurich Airport
Oh hey... on the way from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen, my dad lost his vest. Somewhere in Lauterbrunnen I lost my phone, so that made a long day even longer!

Day 1 in Switzerland. I took Nyquil that night before and slept until 10AM Switzerland time. That was lovely. On the first day we took the cog train up the hill to Wengen (I think), then walked to Kleine Scheidegg. Then we took the cog train all the way up to the "Top of Europe" Junfraujoch which is the highest train station in Europe. We spent the afternoon there (in the cold and snow) and almost missed the train down, but luckily, we didn't!

Gram and Charlie (photo bombing)
Lea, Rich and Charlie

Taking the train up, this is Lauterbrunnen valley
Little shots of coffee - pinkies up!

Little shop in Wengen


Charlie and Lea on our hike
Just a little see saw action - Rich, Charlie and Scotty
Ahhhh they're so old!




Beautiful view


It was below freezing up at the Jungfraujoch, but it was 60 degrees down in
Lauterbrunnen, we had to dress in some serious layers.


Eating lunch


We were all actually looking at the camera!





While everyone else continued to walk out on the snow, Dad, Scott and I
checked out the rest of the stuff inside (this is the mini version of the next pic)
Giant snow globe...
Ice Palace
The entire hallway was ice!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. So much fun. We really need to do a photo book.

    ReplyDelete