Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fun Weekend in RVA

Happy first day of fall! My FAVORITE season! :) It makes me think of apple cider, apple picking, pumpkins, Halloween, changing colors of trees, and not ridiculously HOT weather! :)

This past weekend I was a busy bee! Friday night Laura and I went on a shopping trip for a new coffee table and end tables for my living room. Once the LR is complete I will post an update about it, but we didn't end up buying anything, but did find something TO buy when we looked on my computer later. :) 

Then later that evening my friend from college, Sarah, and her adorable daughter, Adeline, arrived for a short visit. Poor Adeline was so confused when she got there that it took a long time for her to go to bed. I read her a book (or two), we showed her the cat, eventually she went down. 

Llama Llama Nighty Night

Adeline woke up the next morning wanting to know where the cat was :) I can pretty much tell you that the cat was under the bed for most of the weekend. 

She thought my computer was a tablet, so she kept trying to click on
images to make them bigger but it wasn't working!
Then we got dressed and went to the South of the James Farmer's market where we both enjoyed our first of the crazy awesome donuts that are there!

I think she liked it!
Went home for a nap. :)
Baby bed head! :)


After nap time we headed off to Maymont to see the animals!

Adeline and Sarah looking at the owl!

Selfie! :)

The bears were out! One was swimming and one was just hanging out

We stopped by Proper Pie to get Chris some pies. Then we went to Burger Bach for dinner. Adeline was introduced to ketchup which she pretty much loved. 

Google Awesome


After dinner Sarah and Adeline went back to NC :(. I went and hung out with Anna and Laura at Plaza and had a margarita. Then we went to Sweet Frog for dessert :)

Sunday we headed off to Oktoberfest in Richmond. :) Pretzels, bratwurst, and Bold Rock cider! Yummy! Great way to ring in fall! :)

Giant Pretzel!

Brat 
Did you do anything fun this weekend?!?!

2 comments:

  1. That baby is SO cute. Was the bratwurst as good as in Switzerland?

    ReplyDelete