Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back to the Windy City

Oh my has it been a long time since I have posted! Soooo... way back in February, I received this Facebook message: 



So I worked out my schedule and, in October, I traveled to Chicago for the second time this year to see my wonderful friends Meredith and Allison run the Chicago marathon! I love traveling to WATCH races, I'm pretty much done with participating in them. Chicago was a great race for spectators! Though I only saw the ladies twice, they both got to see their dad three times, so that was great! What a wonderful weekend and the weather was GORGEOUS!

My flight got in Saturday morning around 9AM. I took the train into the city and met up with Meredith and walked to the hotel. When Allison and the parents got there we went to the expo to see what kind of things we could get (besides their numbers so they could run).

Allison running with the Kenyans
Oh yes... they look EXACTLY like the photo :)
Pre-race photo at the "start line"
Then, after it rained for a few minutes, we went to Millennium Park and hit up the bean! :)

Allison, me and Meredith at the bean
Mrs. B at the Bean
Find the family - It's like Where's Waldo?!
Then we had an early night to get up for the race the next day!

Yup, this was 7AM - see the sun coming up? 
Last photo - see ya ladies in 26.2! 
The only photo I got of Anyone during the race - Go Allison!

The map I LIVED by!

Just some pirates cheering on the runners?!?!
Hey we're done! Free beer? Yes please :) 
Allison made it to the finish! 
Seriously, who has this much energy?!?! :) I love that
Meredith has energy after running 26 miles :)
Dinnnnnner... yummm!
Breakfast on the day after the race...
This is what I ordered... yeah I didn't run a marathon, nor did I eat MOST
of this! But it was DELICIOUS!
Navy Pier, Chicago
Chicago from the Ferris Wheel
Beautiful Allison and Meredith on the Ferris Wheel!
Oh look, there's Chicago in the background!
I got my shirt! :)
I even got to see my friend Courtney when I was in Chicago. Sorry there aren't any photos of her, but there ARE photos of her pets! :)
Pumpkin! :)
Meredith and Pumpkin!
Lola and Oscar!
So fun! :) I loved every minute of it!


2 comments: