Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Can Open My Windows!!!

Well... I can open some of them anyway! I did not replace all 18 of the windows in my house. I was having an issue with some of the windows upstairs, because the window sills were all rotted through and were leaking into the dining room. 

I wanted to make sure that the windows still maintain the old home feel from the street, but are actually functional and energy efficient! While at the Richmond Home and Garden show, I got Renewals by Andersen to talk to me and they scheduled a time to come by and give me a quote. It was a little pricey to do all of them at once, so I started with 6 windows (1/3 of the windows in my house). 

The guy told me this window would have been able to be pushed in,
that's how bad it was. Thank goodness!
Actual window sill on the front of my house...
this is the one that leaks into the dining room

Front of the house before
Yup, caution tape and everything!!! That's for the lead paint.
Front of the house after (windows replaced are the ones to the right and
left of the door and the dormers at the top, the other two you can't see in this photo)...
looks almost exactly the same!
My poor shrub suffered from the tarp. The top of it is
completely brown!
Now I am so excited to sit in my house and have at least SOME windows open! :)

1 comment: